Friday, January 30, 2009

Thoughts behind the name of this blog

So, while sitting in class I decided to start on my blog project. I have always wanted to start a blog, but never had the guts to do so. So thank you Govt 300 for giving me a reason to start one.

Why Suburban Politics?

Well, to be honest it is because I am very interested in politics and live in the suburbs of DC. I have grown up with my nightly news being the rest of the worlds news. This person was coming to DC, protests on the mall, inaugurations, scandals, everything you can think of. I love being in the heart of the free world. To be living so close to where the big decisions are made, and close enough to not have to deal with the aftermath if a nuclear attack was ever made to DC (and let's pray that that never happens).

So, I'm interested in politics, but haven't found my niche yet. I interned on capitol hill for a week through girl scouting for the Honorable Senator Wayne Allard and liked it, but didn't love it. I'm interested in environmental issues, only because I think this is just a phase of over glorified Gore loving and that people will be realistic soon and realize most things told to them are meant to push a certain "agenda". I can't speak other languages, which I can thank to 5 years of classical Latin ( not spoken of course) during my prime years for language learning. I'm trying to figure out where I want to be in this amazing whirl of government and politics that we call Washington DC and until then, I will have to develop what my opinions are. So that's what this blog will be, me exploring what interests me and figuring out where that may lead.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment