Monday, April 15, 2013

2 Years Past

While joking with a coworker, he informed me that I should start a blog of all the funny "problems" I have that aren't real problems.  I then went to blogger to find out that through my Gmail account, I already had a blog, this one. 

Reading my old posts has made me realize I am pretty much the same person, just a bit more wise.  Reading about my job search makes me chuckle.  Yes, while it was hard and so very time consuming, ultimately it all worked out in my benefit.  I now have a contract job and have reached the income threshold of being able to pay my student loan payments monthly while still eating, paying rent, putting towards a 401k and an actual savings account.  I am also on a path to maybe one day be able to have my "dream job," but if not, I am content where I am.

My ideologies and where exactly I fit on the political spectrum is still not solidified, but I don't think it could ever be.  I don't fit in a box and I really don't think anyone does.  Yes, I am still for liberty and the protection of freedom.  I believe that government is there to promote advancement, not provide it.  I am in constant turmoil over what I believe is the ideal level of government, especially because I am now a part of the big government complex by working in the contracting business. 

The last two years have come and gone and with them I have learned more about myself.  I sometimes bud into conversations when I really shouldn't.  I also have gotten really good at maneuvering DC Metro traffic (which means I am an ass with road rage everywhere else in the country).  I am way too polite for this area and I need to stop letting others impoliteness bother me.  Lastly, I need to stop comparing myself to anyone else.  I am doing just fine and need to always remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment